Monday, August 13, 2012

Sonlight P4 - Week 34

Almost done! It's crazy to think that we will be completely done with this curriculum on Wednesday.  Munchkin and I are so excited! He especially excited to start his 1st Grade math and new science curriculum (Science is definitely his favorite subject).

Anyway, for this day among other things, we learned a new song "Five Little Speckled Frogs". I my stash of flannel board pieces and finger puppets I had two sets of frogs.  Wonderful...there would be no fighting over who got to hold pieces.  Before I did this with the boys (this is definitely one I wanted to include Ditto(2.5)), I wrote the lyrics on my white board notebook sheet.  Munchkin is reading everything these days and this proved to be another thing he was interested in.
the blue felt on the floor is for the "cool pond" they jumped in
If you look carefully, you can see the lyrics on the easel.

Once their Dad got home, they enjoyed their art time.  The theme/page was about "Faces". After reading and learning a little about each, my husband focused on Picasso. And after discussing his way of painting faces from different angles, we each gave it a try.  The boys loved this!
Mine...I am definitely not the artist in the family.

Ditto's - pretty good for a 2.5 year old
my husband's - can you see now why he is the one teaching this subject? He is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment